To provide patient care through utilization of the nursing process. The Licensed Practical Nurse performs a variety of nursing care and administrative duties to ensure adequate operation of the hospital. The LPN is able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team and maintains a high level of professionalism which positively promotes the image of the hospital.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English is required.
- Additionally, the ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge of and capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is also necessary.
Education or Formal Training:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing
- Current Licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of Wyoming
- Current Basic Life Support Certification
- Current CPR Certification to be renewed annually
- One year of hospital experience preferred
- Some supervisory skills preferred.