What We Do
We work hard to deliver quality healthcare close to home, with many of the services of a large urban hospital. The difference is that we have beautiful mountains and prairies as the backdrop to our community-founded 24-bed critical access hospital.
Niobrara Community Hospital is proud of the Culture of Excellence that our employees share with patients, guests and one another. We offer a family atmosphere that encourages teamwork, respect, communication, service and safety.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, highly trained medical professionals are in the Emergency Department for your peace of mind. From cuts and broken bones to a life-threatening event, our staff is trained and ready to help.
Inpatient Medical Unit
A team of clinical professionals provides individual care to patients in this primary inpatient unit, using nationally standardized clinical paths and protocols.
Many of our nurses have had extensive training and experience in specialty areas. Working as a team, our nurses, case manager and social worker follow patients from admission to discharge. Individual patient education and coordination of after-care are a major focus for the staff.
We have an active acute swing bed program for patients who may need help and/or rehabilitation.
Inpatient Visitor Guidelines
There is no restriction on visiting hours. However visiting hours for inpatients is limited after 8pm. We ask that visitors be considerate of the privacy and needs of the other patients.
Niobrara Community Hospital is a trauma receiving hospital. Physicians and registered nurses working in our ER have specialized training on how to care for a trauma patient.
There are a number of outpatient services the hospital can provide such as Infusion therapy, wound care, and dressing changes.
Occupational & Physical Therapy
We are able to provide these services with the help of Big Country Rehab.
The Laboratory Department offers a comprehensive menu of clinical laboratory testing and a professional, caring staff. By utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, our highly skilled, competent and certified staff is able to provide testing and timely information to aid physicians in the diagnosis, treatment and detection of disease. The Clinical Laboratory Department is accredited by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Clinical Laboratory Disciplines includes Routine Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Toxicology, Mycology, Virology and Rapid Tests. Employer requested drug collections, DOT and Non-DOT urine drug collections and Paternity collections are also available.
The Radiology Department at Niobrara Community Hospital provides round the clock coverage for X-Ray and CT services. Your exam will be performed by a Technologist that is a highly skilled, Wyoming licensed and nationally accredited by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Our new CT is a 64 slice Siemens unit that provides quicker, more diagnostic CTs with as much as a 60% reduction in radiation to older scanners. The machine directs a series of X-rays through the body to produce images that are referred to as “slices”, which are cross sectional images of the body. As a result, a very detailed series of images are available to the Radiologist to help your Physician with an accurate diagnosis.
Our radiology studies are read by Capital Radiology out of Sheridan, Wyoming. They provide STAT readings at the providers request for any emergent study.
Registration and Billing
We advise patients to contact their insurance company regarding their coverage prior to services being rendered.
Patients are responsible for fees not covered by their insurance company.
You can find intake forms here and fill them out ahead of your visit.
Information in the charge master is proprietary and cannot be duplicated or distributed without the expressed written consent of Niobrara Community Hospital. Prices listed are gross charges and do not reflect contracted insurance rates, please consult your health plan regarding eligibility and patient contribution. If you have any question please contact the billing office at 307-334-4000 option 5.
Rawhide Rural Health Clinic
At Rawhide Rural Health clinic our providers offer a comprehensive list of services for all ages. Care is provided to all populations: infant, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Some of the services include:
- Health maintenance checkups and preventative healthcare counseling
- Treatment of acute illnesses and injuries
- Cancer, heart disease, cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes screening and management
- School physicals, sport physicals, pediatric wellness exam, vaccines
- Sports injuries
- Gynecology, PAP, family planning, birth control
- Management of psychiatric disease including stress management, anxiety and depression
- General dermatology services
- Smoking cessation – services to help you quit smoking
- Joint injection
- Ear wax removal
- DOT exam
- Flu Shots
Appointments recommended. Schedule Now!
Working to bring you additional services via the Satellite Clinic
We facilitate specialty clinics from around Wyoming.
- Working to bring you orthopedic surgeon consults
- Working to bring you cardiopulmonary services
- Podiatrist Dr. Capron visits once a month.
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
• You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
• Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
• If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
• Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 307-334-4000.