Reports to: Facility Director General Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the Facility Director in the operation and maintenance of the physical plant and all of the equipment utilized to operate NCH on a daily, weekly, monthly, and long-term basis and to ensure that the facility department is in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations. The maintenance technician will conduct all preventative and routine maintenance within his or her scope of skills and training. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Performs and assists with maintenance tasks under the direction of the Facility Director.
- Responsible for snow removal from all areas of NCH campus.
- Responsible for floor maintenance of the entire facility, including development of a schedule for the areas. This individual will be responsible for both cosmetic and structural maintenance, repairs, and finishing within all buildings, outbuildings, and rentals of NCH. This may include electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, and other tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for cleaning light fixtures throughout the facility.
- Perform tasks in accordance with established environmental policy and procedures.
- Responsible for keeping the lawn and grounds mowed and watered as needed.
- Follows established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Assures the established infection control practices are maintained when performing housekeeping procedures.
- Coordinates isolation procedures with the Nursing service. Maintains each environment as per appropriate policy and procedure.
- Assures that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Assists others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc. as directed or requested.
- Follow established waste disposal guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of the patient care information.
- Communicates with environmental staff and all other hospital staff.
- Coordinate services with Nursing service and all other departments.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Assists in overseeing fire drills and all other code (other than blue) drills.
- Assists in providing oversight of safety training and orientation for all employees
- Participates in all safety-related drills including disaster prep and incident command system.
- Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Job QualificationsKnowledge, Skills, and Ability: Must have the ability to read, write, and understand English. This individual must have the ability to operate a variety of tools, specialty plumbing and electrical equipment, and large equipment. Basic computer skills (word processing, software navigation), the ability to use mobile communication devices, and other communication devices (fax, telephone, etc) are necessary. Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma
- Obtain all NIMSS certifications possible through on-line modules
- Maintain and completed mandated OSHA training for incident command and decon training.