Human Resources Director
SIGN ON BONUS!!
General Purpose:To provide general support for human resource related operations for the facility. Communicates and provides guidance on human resource services, initiatives and programs to personnel. Manages daily activities related to human resources, including authoring, implementation and compliance to human resource policies, programs and practices. Develops, maintains and monitors risk management programs for the hospital. Reviews all policies of the hospital, assessing the need for additional policies and keeping existing policies current. Supports and consults with department managers as appropriate. Completes and implements marketing and PR programs with the approval of the CEO. Works collaboratively with the management team to oversee strategic initiatives. Assists with Quality Program, Credentialing requirements, and maintains employee & medical staff files and med staff services including reappointment process. Remote working options available for qualified candidate.
- Provides advice and guidance to facility personnel regarding personnel policies and procedures
- Serves as a strategic partner for the Administration Team and CEO.
- Supports department managers to ensure uniform and equitable application of organizational policies and procedures and recommend appropriate action
- Process all applications and related forms for recruitment and hiring of new personnel
- Coordinates and participates in orientation of new personnel
- Verifies licensure and certification of facility personnel who are required to maintain such credentials.
- Help to monitor and review appointment, reappointment and advancement of medical staff.
- Assists in revision and development of policies and procedures related to Human Resources and Compliance and serves as Chair of the Policy Committee to review and develop all policies within the organization.
- Provides mediation between department heads and staff in disciplinary or termination situations as needed
- Maintains all personnel records according to applicable policies, procedures and regulations
- Stays current with all applicable employment laws both Federal and State
- Performs clerical and other duties as assigned or requested
- Deals tactfully with personnel, customers, business associates and the general public
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters
- Recognize potential safety hazards to maintain a safe environment and serves on the NCHD Safety Committee.
- Develop, implement and monitor a complete performance management process.
- Develop and review on an annual basis the complete wage and salary system including job descriptions, wage and salary ranges and merit raise system.
- Oversee and serve as the point of contact for worker’s compensation and unemployment.
- Responsible for the administration of Benefits and Compensation including health, dental and vision insurance, staff wellness initiatives and retirement benefit plans
- Develop and maintain a risk management plan including incident reporting system, data tracking, risk assessments, and corrective action plans.
- Participate on the Hospital Quality and Patient Safety and Survey-Readiness Committees.
- Serve as a point of contact for recruiting purposes and work closely with the CEO to facilitate successful recruiting efforts.
- Develop marketing and PR efforts including advertising and recruitment advertisements and work closely with the Administrative Assistant on Newsletter and website development.
- Supports the philosophy of Niobrara Health & Life Center as demonstrated by behavior.
- Oversee and inspect the hospital-rented or owned properties available for staff use including monitoring of use, enforcement of policies, and enforcement of rental agreements.
- Serve on external committees or organizations as deemed necessary and appropriate for NHLC’s role and perception in the community.
- Work as the medical staff professional to facilitate staff relationships with medical staff including contract review and scheduling.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of Community Health Needs assessment programs and community health initiatives.
- Serve as the contact for SHIP/Office of Rural Health grants.
- Facilitate employee and management education and leadership development. Oversee workforce development and succession planning.
Other Duties/Responsibilities:Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops. Maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards. Perform other related duties as required to ensure the smooth operation of the hospital. This individual is expected to follow all policies and procedures of NCHD and observe the rules and regulations pertaining to Corporate Compliance and confidentiality (HIPAA). *Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Supervisory Duties: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- The ability to read, write, and speak English is required. Additionally, the ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Knowledge of and capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is also necessary. Excellent typing and computer skills are also necessary. Knowledge of Labor laws, ADA, and laws and regulations pertaining to management of personnel. Principles of supervision and performance evaluation. HIPAA regulations and Corporate Compliance requirements.
Education or Formal Training:
- BS Degree required.
- PHR/SPHR certification or similar certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years working in Human Resources or related field required.
- Some supervisory skills preferred.
Working in a hospital creates a unique work environment of both confidentiality and hospitality. The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This individual can expect a moderate noise level, such as a business office or light traffic, and moderate foot traffic. You must have the ability to hear well enough for any type of position (e.g. normal hearing and audiogram including normal noise and speech discrimination).
Physical Activities:Under one third of the time you may need to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to perform your job duties. One-third to two-thirds of the time you will stand, walk, use your hands, or reach with your hands and arms, or sit. Over two thirds of the time it will be necessary to talk or hear. You will frequently bend, reach and push or pull less than 50 pounds. Occasionally you will squat, kneel, climb on a step ladder, twist at the waist, and rotate above the waist. Up to one-third of the time, you must be able to lift up to 50 pounds from a twelve (12) inch height to waist height. The ability to see with clear vision at 20 inches or less, 20 feet or more, strong peripheral vision, three-dimensional vision and ability to judge distances and spatial relationships (depth perception); and the ability to adjust focus is necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in the above listed conditions. Please notify your supervisor as soon as possible if you require any type of reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.