General Purpose: Sign on bonus!!! - Assists in planning, preparing, and serving meals according to policies and procedures, using Dietician approved menus. Must be flexible in task completion, willing to assist others in the department, and follow all universal precautions to include safety of food handling and preparation. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing and cooking food, bakery products and garnishes for patients and cafeteria, according to standardized recipes and safe food-handling practices.
- Responsible for kitchen cleaning and dishwashing.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment such as meat slicer, ovens, steamer, steam table, toaster, microwave, food processor, blender, mixer, etc.
- Utilizes and properly rotates any overproduction of food items. Cleans and sanitizes assigned work areas.
- Follows recipes, menus and diet orders. Completes documentation sheets as needed.
- Checks in freight and puts it away.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate clearly in English.
- Some prior knowledge of commercial food preparation and cleaning whether in a professional or personal environment is necessary.
- The ability to type, navigate rudimentary software, and learn computer skills is also important.
- An ability to listen and to give productive feedback is important as well as the ability to document all tasks and communicate asynchronously with other shifts.
- Must be approachable and remain courteous at all times to staff, patients, and family members.
- Minimum education: High School Diploma or GED
- Additional training in commercial food preparation preferred